Monday, April 17, 2006

I am back in Busan, Korea

Well after almost twenty hours in the air and four airplanes I arrived safely back in Busan, South Korea. I got internet a few days ago but I caught a cold and between getting used to my new school [where I am the only foreigner] and nursing my cold I haven't had the time or inclination to make a posting to my blog until now.

One thing I had forgotten about Korea, and well Asia, for that matter is that smoking is so socially acceptable here - especially for men. In Canada, you can't even smoke in bars anymore and even in the parking lots of some hospitals [Cumberland County Hospital in Amherst, Nova Scotia - to name one]. Being home in Canada for a number of months I had forgotten that it was any other way.

In the Incheon Airport in Seoul, South Korea I found this smoking section which isn't ventilated or closed off from the rest of the area. As, you can see in the photo below the walls aren't even closed in. It sort of reminds me of the old days in Canada when the difference between the smoking and non-smoking section was a sign.

Incheon Airport Smoking Section


****
I have lots more to write about but I want to go to bed early and nurse my cold some more. Luckily, I brought cold medicine from Canada. Thank you NyQuil LiquiCaps! Here in Korea you can't just buy cold medicine. You have to see a doctor and get a presciption for so type of medication which usually includes anti-bodics of some type. Well, night-night.

4 comments:

  1. I am drowning my hubby in Neo Citran (from Canada!). I wouldn't know where to look for cold medicine here in Albania! Hope you're feeling better real quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your well wishes. I think I am turning the corner on my illness. It was been unseasonably cold in Korea this April and I think that the the adjust [not the mention the kids coughing on me everyday ;)] took it's toll on me.

    I'm not sure if it's cause we have such a bad winter some years but boy oh boy we Canadians sure do make good cold remedies, eh?
    Take care of yourself and your hubby.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to Korea! God bless you. When we see, you get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Colin. I am starting to feel much better another day or two and I should be back to normal.

    Hope to see you soon. I got to
    Chinhae for the Cherry Blossom Festival and got some nice pictures. Still have lots of Busan to explore and photograph.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete